Develop your style as you master basic, contemporary and advanced techniques in cosmetology. Florida Academy's Redken Premiere School cosmetology program teaches you to...
Boca Beauty Academy
Our classes begin monthly for newly enrolled students here at the Boca Beauty Academy. We maintain flexible hours to accommodate those students who may be currently employed. Furthermore, students can elect to enroll as either full time or part time students.
Please fill in the below fields and list one or several schools you found on this site for more information.
Specialty Make-Up Artist
Make-up artists apply make-up to fashion and photographic models, actors and other performers involved in stage, film and television productions, brides and other clients for special occasions.
A make-up artist may perform the following tasks:
• prepare the skin for make-up application and remove make-up as required
• demonstrate cosmetic products to clients
• instruct clients about make-up application
• apply a wide variety of professional make-up products
• design wigs, beards, masks and 'prosthetics' (artificial body parts) and apply them to achieve an appropriate character appearance
• use make-up to produce effects such as ageing, illness, scars and bruising
• alter or maintain make-up during productions to ensure the continuity of a performer's appearance
• advise hairdressers on the hairstyle required for character parts.
Exciting work - you may get to polish up the odd celebrity
Freelance working very common
Lots of travel
Long unsociable hours
Permanent makeup is ideal for active people who always want to look their best without spending a lot of time to apply makeup throughout the day.
Everyone benefits from permanent cosmetics from the young to the elderly. It is great for swimmers (no need to worry about mascara running down your face), people whose eyesight is not as good as it used to be, people with tremors, people on chemotherapy who may loose their eyebrows and eyelashes, just about everyone who want a soft natural look without having to spend a lot of time in front of the mirror applying makeup.
The greatest disadvantage is that it is permanent. You do not want to have a trendy style permanently applied. It is always better to have the procedure done so that it looks natural and enhances your beauty. You can always add additional makeup if you want the eyeliner heavy for evening or to change the color.
Other disadvantages are having the procedure done by and inexperienced person, or in an unclean environment. Always ask to see a portfolio of pictures and always ask if the technician is using sterile, disposable needles. Check the surroundings to make sure they are clean and orderly.